Joseph Keeler opened a store on the site of present-day Colborne about 1819. A community began to grow as other small businessmen followed suit. With the opening of harbour facilities in the 1840s and the arrival of the railway in the 1940, Colborne became an important service centre for the region. Cramahe was incorporated as a township in 1850. In 1858, the village of Colborne seceded from the municipality as a separate township. In 2001, the two municipalities were re-amalgamated to form an expanded Township of Cramahe. Cramahe - Wikipedia
Cramahe is a rural township located in Northumberland County in central Ontario, Canada. It is situated just off Ontario Highway 401 approximately 140 km East of Toronto. It was named for Hector Theophilus de Cramahé, who was Lieutenant-Governor of the Province of Quebec. The seat of the Township and largest town is Colborne.