Are you thinking of listing your home in the coming months?
Here are our TOP 5 TIPS for a successful sale
1. Connect with a PROFESSIONAL REALTOR®- one who has local, in-depth knowledge of the market you are planning to list in;
2. With your chosen REALTOR®, create and follow a customized pre-listing plan which will include items such as decluttering, depersonalization and staging preparation;
3. Review a pricing analysis with your REALTOR® to determine the best position for your home within the local marketplace. A true professional will explain the strategy behind pricing recommendations;
4. Release a perfect property presentation to the marketplace!!! This MUST include professional photography, drone images, video, 3D tour & floor plans;
5. Prepare for showings!!!!!! I'd love to suggest a mini-vacation but, COVID so..if it is at all possible, stay with a friend or family member because living in a staged space is HARD. If leaving isn't an option, one of our best tips is to keep a GO BAG near the front door. Make sure it is large enough to throw any last minute items into just in case a potential Buyer requests a last minute viewing.
Selling is stressful. Be sure to hire the right Realtor®!
The market in Northumberland County & beyond has become increasingly busy as a result of COVID-19 and while we are sick of seeing the "SOLD OVER ASKING" posts being used in ad campaigns throughout social media channels we felt that it was important to share the behind the scenes of what "SOLD OVER ASKING" actually meant for this Seller that we recently represented.
For weeks before activating on the MLS System, the Seller worked closely with Sydney and our team of trusted professionals to create a plan that would yield a record result. Sure, part of the sale price comes with the pace of the marketplace but what you didn't see is what truly matters most;
Our Seller embraced every single pre-listing recommendation, invested in a mini-makeover, added a little sweat equity and a whole lot of attention to detail prior to activation. Our team worked together to ensure flooring, light fixtures, paint & new stainless steel appliances were installed before staging day! Once the makeover was complete, our team cleaned, funished, photographed & marketed the unit.
The competition was listed for $329,000 & $349,000- both receving multiple offers and average sale prices. We listed for the perceived market value of $349,000 and continued to execute our strategic marketing plan all while knowing we were showcasing the best possible product! ...The rest was up to the market... and boy did it deliver!
This Seller obtained 6 offers and was able to turn his $5000 INVESTMENT into a gossip-worthy sale price of over $400,000. With the right team, an honest professional and proper planning, it's worth spending a little to make ALOT MORE than the competition ($60,000+ more).
To book your 30 MIN LISTING CONSULTATION, call or text Sydney (905) 396-8600